Hi sweets as you know I love foxes! They are beautiful and majestic! And last month Bardugo’s new book came out! I’m very backward with these magnificent books! Soon I’ll catch up and you’ll see my reviews!
But inspire me with Nikolai I hope and like these special cookies.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- I stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
- royal icing.
- In a large bowl, Mix the flour, sugar baking powder, salt and pumpkin spice.
- beat the butter on height until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and egg and beat on high for 1 minute.
- Refrigerate dogh for 1 hour.
- Preheat you oven to 350 degrees F
- line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough to 1/3 inch thick on floured surface.
- Use cookie cutters ( Fox , thank you shelflovereads), to remove cookies.
- Place three inches apart on cookies sheets
- bake 10 minutes, until edges are slightly brown.
- Cool for ten minutes on the baking sheet.
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar.
- 4 Tablespoon meringue powder
- 8-10 Tablespoons room temperature water
- o for decorating: gel food coloring orange, black and white.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat all of the icing ingredients together on high speed for 5 minutes When lifting the whisk up off the icing, the icing should drizzle down and smooth out within 10-15 seconds. If it’s too thick, add a little more water. If it’s too thin, add a little more sifted confectioners’ sugar.
- Icing completely dries in about 2 hours at room temperature.
- Decored the cookies. Yay!