Things are about to get Wicked in New Orleans.
Twenty-two year old Ivy Morgan isn’t your average college student. She, and others like her, know humans aren’t the only thing trolling the French Quarter for fun… and for food. Her duty to the Order is her life. After all, four years ago, she lost everything at the hands of the creatures she’d sworn to hunt, tearing her world and her heart apart.
Ren Owens is the last person Ivy expected to enter her rigidly controlled life. He’s six feet and three inches of temptation and swoon-inducing charm. With forest-green eyes and a smile that’s surely left a stream of broken hearts in its wake, he has an uncanny, almost unnatural ability to make her yearn for everything he has to offer. But letting him in is as dangerous as hunting the cold-blooded killers stalking the streets. Losing the boy she loved once before had nearly destroyed her, but the sparking tension that grows between them becomes impossible for Ivy to deny. Deep down, she wants… she needs more than what her duty demands of her, what her past has shaped for her.
But as Ivy grows closer to Ren, she realizes she’s not the only one carrying secrets that could shatter the frail bond between them. There’s something he’s not telling her, and one thing is for certain. She’s no longer sure what is more dangerous to her—the ancient beings threatening to take over the town or the man demanding to lay claim to her heart and her soul.
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jennifer L. Armentrout shakes things up in New Orleans with her latest, a New Adult paranormal romance entitled Wicked, the first in a self-titled trilogy. Wicked is irresistibly sexy, wildly entertaining and teeming with Armentrout’s wry and memorable humor. She never fails to deliver an enjoyable reading experience, but this time, the story is enlivened by the wickedness of the Fae, and the mystery and decadence that is New Orleans.
This is the first book I read of this author and I will not deny it, I was delighted with it, I called much attention to history and more because they are about fairies. It’s a book that reads very quickly. It is a little slow at first, but it is logical to introduce a trilogy and we must know this world. I loved the ambience of this book. It develops in new Orleans and we can meet Ivy, redhead and I liked that very much, very different from others, well Ivy is a Slayer, is brave, feisty and sarcastic I love the chemistry that has with Tink that is my favorite character will not talk much about this person Aje because I want you to know it in detail if you dare to read this book. Also what I had heard about this author who is very popular by his men characters, and they were right are perfect and you fall in love with them, you wish they existed in real life ja. If I’m talking about Ren all a dream and chemistry between them I also liked it a lot. Here the fairies are bad, and cruel, is not the typical fairy tale of sweet hearts etc. I want to read the second part because if the end was heart attack, and with many doubts that surely can break my heart.
– 1 butter Stick (113 grs.) Unsalted
– 3/4 Cup brown light sugar
– 1/4 Cup sugar granulated
– 1 egg
– 1 1/2 cup flour
– 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
– 1/2 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate.
– A pinch of salt
– a cup of M&M’s.
– In a bowl melt the butter in the microwave oven by laying 30s. This depends on the power of your oven, prevents it from burning.
– Add muscovado and refined sugar and mix with a balloon beater.
– Add the egg, the pinch of salt and the vanilla, and continue mixing.
– Add baking soda and flour.
– finally add the M&M Cup and incorporate them.
– Cover with a plastic and let stand in the refrigerator for 30 min.
– Preheat the oven to 200 • C.
– In a tray, place a silicone cover or wax paper for confectionery, this prevents the biscuits from burning and sticking. – Use an ice cream spoon or if you don’t have no matter you can use a normal and make pellets and place them in the tray. Try not to be together, baking will expand and can be glued.
– Bake for 12 min. and withdraw.
– they will appear to be raw, but when cooled, they’ll take a soft cookie.
– Enjoy with a glass of cold milk.