Title: When The Sky Fell On Splendor
Author: Emily Henry
Release Date: March 12, 2019
Format: ARC Paperback
Age Group: Young Adult
Thank you so much @mtmctours, Emily Henry and PRH international Sales USA Penguin Random House. For the copy.
Almost everyone in the small town of Splendor, Ohio, was affected when the local steel mill exploded. If you weren’t a casualty of the accident yourself, chances are a loved one was. That’s the case for seventeen-year-old Franny, who, five years after the explosion, still has to stand by and do nothing as her brother lies in a coma. In the wake of the tragedy, Franny found solace in a group of friends whose experiences mirrored her own. The group calls themselves The Ordinary, and they spend their free time investigating local ghost stories and legends, filming their exploits for their small following of YouTube fans. It’s silly, it’s fun, and it keeps them from dwelling on the sadness that surrounds them. Until one evening, when the strange and dangerous thing they film isn’t fiction–it’s a bright light, something massive hurdling toward them from the sky. And when it crashes and the teens go to investigate…everything changes.
The Serpent King meets Stranger Things in Emily Henry’s gripping novel about a group of friends in a small town who find themselves dealing with unexpected powers after a cosmic event.
If you like stranger things or the 80s where friendship is very important and science fiction this book is perfect for you.
I heard a lot about this author, and this is the first book I read about her. And I was fascinated.
It tries to group of guys who make videos on a YouTube channel in an abandoned house, then something strange fell from the sky and there begins the mystery and the exciting thing of the history, I could not stop reading it, because the curiosity killed me.
The environment that plasma the writer is great, but what I liked was the friendship and support among them, also the personality of each one, definitely my favorite was the handsome Remy, I love his nickname.
This story makes me think that we are not alone, there may exist strange beings from other galaxies or worlds. This is history has an unexpected ending and I said, wow how is this possible? Emily Henry is very talented and I highly recommend this book. I share this recipe based on the beautiful cover and of course the story. I hope and enjoy it and have fun like me.
Cupcakes of lemon–chocolate.
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 3/4 Cup refined sugar
- 1/4 cup muscovado sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I use Hersey’s)
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence.
- Lemon Zest of three lemons.
- 1/4 cup Chopped Walnut
- 150 grs. of butter at room temperature.
- 190 Grs. Cream Cheese
- 250 gr. of powder sugar
- coloring in green gel.
- Sprinkles of stars.
Preheat oven 180 • C
- in a bowl, sift flour, cocoa and baking powder, reserve.
- In a blender, beat the butter with the refined sugar, and muscovado, added all, add the egg and vanilla.
- Continue beating and add the cocoa mixture slowly, alternating with the milk.
- Finally add the chopped walnut and lemon zest. Already incorporated all.
- add the mixture 3/4 parts of the mold for cupcakes with Capacillos, with a cockroach, put in the oven for 20 min.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Frosting with hand or stand mixer.
- Whisk the butter, until it is ointment consistency and add the cream cheese slowly, add the sugar Glass.
- With a manga and Duya of your choice decorate the already cold cupcakes, and decorate with star sprinkles, in this case with fondants Ovnis.
Win an ARC of When The Sky Fell on Splendor! Open INTL courtesy of PRH International & MTMC Tours!
How to enter:
Like this photo
Follow me, @PRHInternational, @emilyhenrywrites & @mtmctours
Leave a comment (so we can track your entry!)
– Follow the tour #WhentheSkyFellonSplendorMTMC for more entries! Tomorrow’s host is @reveriesociety_ (use the bookstagram handle that follows your stop) – Tag friends who might want to enter!
Giveaway ends March 16th 2019 at 11:59pm EST. Not affiliated nor endorsed by Instagram. Accounts must be public to enter.