As soon as I saw this book work, don’t hesitate to buy it and devour what haha should be.
To start my favorite Disney princess is Mulan, I love that a warrior and brave character does to the best of his ability to make his dad proud of her and also his family.
Seeing the spin the Dawn synopsis, I told myself what I need in my life!!! Having good reviews, which I make clear, sometimes I let myself be carried away by the instinct that it will be a good book, I have rarely failed with some books.
The main characters:
Mai is a character that evolves as the book progresses.
Sometimes I felt very identified with her, that sometimes people tell you that you can’t, because you are weak or in this case Maia is a woman, but nothing stopped her and of course sacrifices many things to help her family her slime and her brother.
Edan: the first entry this character had, I said mmm go, go, you’re getting a lot of attention, and I think you’ll be my favorite. And make no mistake, I know that I am very simple and easy to fall in love with the characters, but I love the way of being Edan, it is my cinnamon roll, in Truth, it is very tender, attentive, and with the personality that I love! And let’s not take away the fun, Mr. Charming wow! Its magic system is spectacular.
I loved too much the atmosphere that the author perfected! The description of the small town where Maia lives, her shop, the tree of worms that produce silk, the palace and all the adventures she and Edan have, which by the way that part was my favorite! I didn’t expect that much. Finding the three objects to be able to make three beautiful dresses! And magical suula
– the laughter of the sun
– the tears of the moon
– the blood of the stars
The main thing about the book that of course I won’t let it go! The food! All the desserts, that every thing I read made me want to eat them! Search for the recipes and make them immediately! Lol.
And to my surprise there is a lot of magic! Magical scissors! Can you imagine? That a pair of scissors can help you create great and spectacular clothes! My older sister would be very happy if she had those scissors she loves both stone decorations or glitter…
I think this book will be the best I could read this year! But as I always say! Everything can change! The year isn’t over yet. Haha
If you like fantasy, romance, magic, a lot of magic this book you will love! I already need the second part to know what Maia will do! I can’t wait!
Now, it’s time to share this recipe, with lots of cinnamon and butter! Yay! They’re my favorites.
- 140 g all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 65g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 75g granulated sugar
- 1 small egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10g butter, melted
- 25g brown light sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat the butter for 1 minute on high speed until creamy. On medium-high speed, beat in the granulated sugar until completely creamed and smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat on high until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. If the dough still seems too soft, you can add 1 Tablespoon more flour until it is a better consistency for rolls
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts. Roll each portion out in a rectangle (about 9×7 inches) onto a floured silicone baking mat (or floured parchment paper) to about 1/4″ thickness. Spread 1 Tablespoon of melted butter onto each rectangle. Mix the brown light sugar and cinnamon together then sprinkle evenly over each
- Working slowly, tightly roll up each rectangle into a 9-inch log. If the dough is cracking at all, use your fingers to smooth it out. Some cracks are OK. Chill the logs of dough for at least 2 hours. What I like to do is carefully transfer the logs to a cutting board or plate and cover loosely with plastic wrap
- Preheat oven to 180 C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment a silicone baking mat.
- Remove dough logs from the refrigerator. Cut into 1/2 inch slices. Place slices onto baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, until lightly browned on the sides. Remove from the oven, allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool and enjoy 😉.